Maximum-Exposure Press Releases
If you want traffic, clicks, clients, and sales, then you’ve got to expose yourself – well, your online presence, your website, that is. And one of the best ways to get that exposure is through the use of carefully crafted, well constructed press releases. You’ll be at a huge disadvantage if you don’t include quality press releases in your marketing arsenal.
What a lot of people don’t realize about press releases is that they are highly deceptive. Done right, they look simple. But that’s far from the truth. Press-release writing demands a host of skills, including:
- Research – A press release (or news release) must be built around a timely, relevant, and interesting news item. Without that news, a press release has no reason for being. It takes a lot of time and considerable skill to find just the right news item that will form a solid foundation for an effective press release.
- Knowledge – Press-release writing is a highly specialized form of copywriting, requiring knowledge of and experience in the conventions peculiar to this narrow genre. And few writers possess both the knowledge and writing skills to do it well.
- Engaging Writing – A good press release provides all the basic information in the first paragraph or two in the inverted pyramid style. But, then, the job is to write so engagingly that the reader is drawn inexorably to the end of the release. That’s where you have the chance to switch gears ever so subtly and entice the reader to visit your site or consider your product or service. It’s a tough job, but a good press-release writer can pull it off.
- Subtle Selling – The primary purpose of a press release is to provide industry-specific news. That’s why the selling has to be subtle. You are, of course, allowed to provide your contact info at the beginning, but this isn’t enough. The trick is to pitch your business without the reader or the press-release service ever suspecting that’s what you are doing.
When all the pieces are in their proper places, a good press release then becomes much more than the sum of its parts. It becomes a powerful tool for gaining online (and offline, too) exposure that translates into more of the business results you want.
Contact me, Michael Hearing, to find out more about how I can help you increase traffic to your site with maximum-exposure press releases.
Latest posts by Michael Hearing (see all)
- 4 Reasons Why Your Content-Marketing Writer Should Also Write Fiction (Especially Short Stories) - June 29, 2016
- Web Content Is the New Advertisiing - March 5, 2016
- New Action-Adventure, Suspense Novel - February 1, 2016